33

It's past 12:30 am. I'm officially 33 today. So many things will be changing. Either you adapt or else.

I've got so many things to look forward to.

But at the start, I just want to thank God for putting the chapters in my life in such an amazing order. I really couldn't have written a better story. And I'm just as curious as how things will unwrap.

So many things to say..

5AM..Devotion..

1 Peter 2

v.2 "put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander."

In the context of the previous verses which speak of the word of God, as people of the word, these are words that should not be coming out of the people of God. This is in contrast with an infant which is pure, who does not have these kinds of thoughts. Whose desire is only the pure spiritual milk. If we have indeed tasted that the Lord is good, then we will be satisfied. Our hearts will overflow with good things not bad.

APPLICATION: Am i being satisfied with God's goodness? Do i long for his word like spiritual milk for the baby? How is my lack of nourishment affecting my heart and my words? To be satisfied is to drink until full. This means I have not simply taken a quick bite, I took my time to eat it, relish it, until I am full. There is no need to hurry because it is good. You do not rush eating good food. You savor it. And when we are filled with good things, good things will also come out. We will speak and overflow with God's goodness, mercy and grace. Truth, God's truth will overflow. There will be satisfaction in what we have because we have Jesus. And when I look at people, it will be with kindness and grace from being with the one who is full of grace and truth.

May I be able to say that I have tasted that the Lord is good. I am satisfied.

Comments

Popular Posts