jgscm 4th year anniv preps

It just happened to be my day off and I suddenly decided to write something down.

A lot has happened since I started blogging or well stopped blogging. I joined Facebook and even created a twitter account. Since I'm not as connected to the internet as before and somehow the desire to write or even blog has waned I guess. And unlike other people, I am not going to pretend that I simply had no time to blog. I actually have some spare time. Maybe like some of the things that I do in life, the passion fades. The interest wanes. And so I am here.

But I want to write again. Part of me, as I write these words down, wants to write again. Part of me thinks that letting go of writing has been like forgetting part of who I am. And I don't include sermon preparation as part of me writing. Although I do write my sermons, well some bits and parts and outlines. I write them not for the sake of the written word but with the intention of speaking them. So it's different in that way.

Anyways... here's what's lined up for this week.

Tues.. Finally after several months of not being able to attend the MMRU RAC meeting, I get to meet with them again in Cubao. I'm thinking of maybe passing by OMF, but i don't think I will be that adventurous come tomorrow.

Wed.. Film showing. I still don't know what film will be finally shown. I'm looking forward to watching a movie at church again. Oh and I get to spend more time at the office also since I've been away the past two weeks with youth camp in Sta Cruz and the younger leader's conference in Tagaytay.

Thurs.. Hopefully after two weeks of not being able to visit churchmates especially first time guests, we could do it this thursday. I also have an evening meeting with the male elders of the church. I'm praying that maybe it would be good if we have a regular time for fellowship and study in the future.

Friday.. Hopefully I get to finally start my meeting with Garret and Edward. I'm still praying for God's leading as to who He wants me to really focus on. Later that night we will be having our Family Talents night. It should be an entertaining time for everyone.

Saturday.. Clean up time. The last time we cleaned the church, we barely had enough dry rags to clean the plastic chairs. Hopefully we get the job done before lunch since Lea and I are supposed to go to a baby birthday party and a baby shower in the afternoon. Oh and we still don't know where exactly in Pasay the venue is. So I'm really hoping that we be 90% sure where the place is by Sat.

Sunday.. the big event. We're having Bishop Ef for the first time. Although the big celebration should actually be on the 5th year anniv, I'm hoping that even in the 4th year we can have a great celebration still. Every anniversary has been unique and it's both a time of celebration as well as a time to simply be thankful that inspite of everything that we passed through as a church and even the families that compose the church, we still have a reason to hope and believe.

Comments

Popular Posts