LCDC Invitation

We are pleased to inform you that the Manila Leaders Council of IVCF Philippines will hold a Leadership/Discipleship/Mission Camp on October 21-27, 2009 at the Lord’s Garden, Calamba, Laguna with the theme, “When the Rabbi says, Love…”

This camp will be participated by IVCF student leaders from various colleges and universities in Metro Manila and the Calabarzon areas. The objectives of this camp are:
1. To be able to find focus in our walk and to realign our motivations we must fully grasp one of the most fundamental truths of our faith – God's love.
2. To realize the love of God and in effect serve Him with more passion; become eager to share His love to others; and love Him back in all aspects of ourselves, with all our mind, heart, soul, and strength.

In this connection, we would like to invite you to speak about ‘Slaying the Dragons’ on October 24, 2009 from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM. As youth leaders gain more responsibilities their personal struggles grow harder as well. This session should help campers (leaders) as they take on their deepest battles. This should cover topics such as forgiveness, redemption from generational sins, freedom from footholds of the enemy, and God's unfailing love and mercy. We hope that through this the campers would have concrete knowledge of how to engage their deep trials and claim victory in the battle against these dragons.

Thank you once again for accepting our invitation. May God continually bless you abundantly!


The above is part of the e-mail I got from Jobel, the MLC secretary. I will be speaking on the aforementioned topic while Lea will be speaking on the topic of Inner Healing.

I have several ideas that I've been juggling with that I would like to incorporate in my talk. I'm still not sure what the final content will be. Right now my approach is to take some points from Celebrate Recovery (one of the ministries of Saddleback Church), Some ideas from Neil Anderson (the author of the Bondage Breaker) and probably some sermons from John Piper, Francis Chan and Mark Driscoll. Since I'm not sure if I will have a powerpoint available for my talk, I am focusing now on the notes that I will be distributing come Saturday.

Comments

Popular Posts