Andy Crouch and Shane Claiborne

Over the past couple of weeks I've somehow stumbled upon Andy Crouch. I've been listening to a couple of preachers and I may just have wanted to hear something different.

Probably because of the ATS Forum on Faith, Power and Politics I have been more inclined to listen or read topics relating to Power. I never really bothered thinking about it until I went to the forum.

Hearing Andy's talk on Sex, Money and Power I started thinking about some of his ideas. I'm particularly leaning on dwelling on the idea of power as it relates to the church and as it relates to the workplace. Well since it's election time, I can't help but also reflect on power and politics. I don't know if being more conscious of the power play happening in front of me is helpful or not.

And then all of a sudden Andy mentions Shane. Looking at some of the links that popped up when i googled him, I had a bit of apprehension about what Shane would be saying. But having heard him at least on the interview about "Is being rich a sin", I have my guards relaxed and I am interested in what else he has to stay. For me he makes sense. Ofcourse, what he is saying does pose a challenge to my way of life right now even if I am not living in a very affluent country. Nevertheless I am continuing to reflect on these issues.

I believe this will continue to be something I will be reflecting on and will have to face their real-life applications in the foreseeable future.

Comments

Popular Posts