work

One of the things I used to teach but never really had the opportunity nor the desire to apply was the concept of working whatever job like a ministry. From the moment I decided I was going to full-time ministry I was focused on the full-time aspect. I didn't plan on applying for any job that was not ministry-related and I did not believe that I needed to get any job or work to augment my income. I just never thought money would be an issue for me.

One of the things that I have appreciate in my time here in Australia is the idea of learning new skills. There's a lot of things that I didn't know and for the most part I didn't have to know. I did not give any value to certain skills because at one point they were not necessary to the ministry that I was pursuing but more than that I did not see any value in them period.

This past few weeks I just learned how to change the tire of a car. I saw people do it, and I assumed it was hard. I was not sure if I could actually do it. It's just one of those life skills that I think people assume men should be good at or adequately capable of doing once push comes to shove but it never happened for me, that is until I came here to Australia.

It's just one thing but it's one of those things that I have come to appreciate and now look forward to doing. Today, I learned how to shrink wrap a palet. I may not have done it perfectly the couple of times I tried to do it, but at least now I have a good idea of how it is done.

I like to learn. I like to learn a lot of different things. Even unrelated things. But it usually was all about head knowledge. It was about ideas. Now I'm discovering how important it is to learn other things as well.

Comments

Popular Posts