Journaling

A few days ago I decided to check my journal. I bought this one back in 2011 when I thought that it was important to write down what was happening in my life and my reflections during a time when I felt something big was going to happen in my life.

I was not mistaken. However one particular entry made me smile because of what I wrote down. Apparently I had just came from a time of fasting and faced a particularly tough time and I was really hopeful about what was to come next. Little did I know that even after things did become better, in just a few weeks I would be facing very stressful times that would last for over a month before things would become normal again for us.

Even if I wasn't able to predict what was about to come, the knowledge that I had hope in the midst of those challenges and that I was experiencing some sort of personal revival during those times remind me of what God can do during times when I feel that I am in way over my head. It's good to be reminded of what trials can do for us once we get over them. It also is a good reminder of what God has brought us out of.

In times when there are some questions that have still been left unanswered, it's good to look back on God's faithfulness and believe that He will carry us through these challenges we are facing once again. I have to be reminded of why we chose this path and why when things become difficult that there's a reason why we are walking along this path and why this season can be this difficult.

I am thankful for the experiences that I have gone through in the past that has helped me deal with the uncertainties that we are facing right now. I'm reminded of the friends of Daniel who went through the furnace and had the audacity to say that they were not afraid of the blazing furnace because their faith was that God would save them. But then they showed a godly stubbornness by declaring that even if they died, they would still not deny their God. They are the kind of people that give me hope for what being a Christian can look like in the face of tremendous pressure.When our knees are weak and we seem to be facing unfavorable odds, their story somehow gives me strength to face whatever issues I am facing right now.

Comments

Popular Posts