Stories

As a kid one of the best things about Pastors were their stories. Especially in kids church. I was always fascinated with how they told Bible stories in the most creative way possible. Then when I grew up a little bit, the stories or the illustrations in the sermons were basically the ones I looked forward to listening to and probably were the ones I usually remembered long after the actual them, title or topic has faded from my memory.

I like stories. I like interesting characters. I like clever dialogue. I like plot twists that I didn't see coming. I like stories which capture my imagination.

I'm not sure if I have the motivation to ever do it, but I remember that years before one of my goals in life was to write a novel. Obviously it's possible to self-publish now and even create a pdf version of a book on my own. However, as I keep on reminding myself, as much its a nice goal to have in my life, I would need a very good reason to invest that much time for a project like that.

In the meantime, I am trying to establish this discipline of writing every week. On top of this, I also have to remind myself that it's not going to be enough to be writing regularly, but I also need to re-write what I have written. Because as much as I want to be authentic with what I write, I also know that I am hardly able to write perfectly with the first draft.

Words. I work with them. I need to get better using them.

Comments

Popular Posts